Logo

Trouble with an F70 2011 70 hp

borch

I just bought a brand new boat with a 2011 F70 Yamaha 4 Stroke took it out for the first time today it fired up just fine and we ran the break in process for the motor and after running it around for awhile decided to do some fishing shut down the motor fished for awhile and when we were going to leave the motor would not crank the starter would not do anything the battery was fully charged I could hear the fuel pump energizing but nothing else would happen. After a little bit of messing around in the motor checking the fuses and wiring connections and triple checking the boat was not in gear I found nothing out of the ordinary. Out of the blue then the motor fired and we headed for home and it ran just fine no problems at all when we got back to the dock we shut it down and then tried to fire it and again nothing happened. After we got home just for giggles we hit the key and it at that point turned over. To me it seems like it acts up when the motor is hot but then when it cools then it fires is there a sensor in the F70 that could be the culprit we are going to be taking it to the shop where we bought it but I would just like to hear if anyone else has had the same problem?
Any help would be appriciated!
Thank You
Derek

Sounds like you have a bad connection at the battery or on the engine,fuel pump doesn't take a lot of juice to turn on.but when you try to crank it over it takes alot of voltage.Also if it happens again,see if your gauges cut out then you know you have a bad connection

Back