Logo

2002 200hp yamaha no water

river

I just put the cups on lower unit yesterday and cranked it for the first time since last summer. Cranked right up but no water came out of the small pee hole just below the cowling. Installed new impeller this time last year. Is this normal? Let it run for 10 minutes.

hi, kindly specify the engine category, is it 2 stroke or 4 stroke. If it`s four stroke then open the gear box and there is copper tube, put a fresh water hose
and open the tap and check is water coming from outlet if not then you`ve to check the water pump and have to open the head to check the cylinder blockage. I hope that you always perform flushing. If 2 stroke then you have to open the power unit and check water inlet hole, impeller,cylinder blockage.

using flusher to check the flow water from water outlet is very confusing. because sometimes water tap has no enough pressure to lift water to the
water outlet hole.

Had the same issue with my 2003 200 vmax, wouldn't pee with the muffs on. Hooked up the flusher and water flowed freely. Put it in the lake and everything pumped fine. For some reason this motor doesn't like to pump with the muffs on. At least mine doesn't. Heard someone say that taking the intake screens off helps but I haven't tried it.

Back