Logo

1994 9.9 2 stroke

0and2

Thanks to anyone you won't be bored to read this and can help me out!!!

Ok, so 2 days ago I took my boat out and the motor wouldn't start at all, so I just messed with the kill switch and tried again and it started.

It idled perfect and ran perfect without any problems and got me to my spot around 3-4 miles away. On my way back in on plane it just bogged down and shut of for no reason. I started it, it couldn't idle and when I gave it gas it made a pinging noise, had around 1/2 the power it should, and kept stalling.

But, if I had it at around half throttle, it still ran bad and made the noise, but it didn't stall so I made it back the ramp fine. Also, on plane when it started to die, if i reved it back and forth it would keep it from stalling.

Now is where it gets weird to me.... I tried flushing it, same thing, couldn't idle, made the noise and all that. So for some reason I took apart the kill switch and disconnected it so it wasn't a factor anymore and it ran perfect, no noise at all.

So, I greased up the switch and put it together and went out yesterday. It ran perfect for a little bit, and then started the same crap again, so I took of the kill switch again but it didn't solve it this time....

So I got back to the ramp on half throttle and I still cant get it to run normal without the noise ... Ive checked the fuel lines and filter, compression was 110 on top cylinder, 120 on bottom....

Any ideas???? Electrical? Fuel??
Thanks again!!!

Well I found my problem, I took apart my carb to clean it again, and the little arm that the pin goes through to hold the float broke.... Since it's attached to the actual carb I'm going to have to buy a new carb...... Any ideas where to look to buy just the metal cast of the carb? since I have all the parts I just need the body of the carb.

Back