Logo

2004 Yahama 150 Carb.

padams

I have a 150 carburated 2004 that is has a sluggish idle. When I bump the key/choke it picks up and sounds normal for a few seconds then returns back to its sluggish idle. The longest period it has set up was 35-days. I have run sea foam thru the sytem, change the plugs but still won't idle right. It runs fine from 1500 rpm's up to top end.
My guess its something to do w/ the low end idle or air screw?
Is it time to pull down the carbs and clean up or can I do something else?
:confused:

What is the compression? Sparks all good? Fuel fresh and not contaminated? When an engine runs better with the choke, then you either have clogged idle passages or incorrect idle needle settings. Simply turn the idle screws all the way in while engine is running (one at a time) and see if the engine responds. This will tell you (although it is an inaccurate check sometimes) if that carb is hitting at idle. You may have a bit of gunk or junk in an idle passage, they are easy to clog, because they are very tiny in Yamahas.

Thanks hondamech, yesterday morning I pulled down the carbs and cleaned um up. Had a little build up in the low end. 3hrs later put it in the river and seems to have solved the problem.
thanks again,

Back