Logo

Just purchased a Mariner Eight. Have the serial #, but what is the year?

frey0357

Hello!
I just purchased a great boat for myself and 2 young sons, we are all very excited. I want to be sure that the motor is everthing that I hope that it is. It says Mariner Eight, but is it really? The serial number is D022790. What is the year of this motor?

Please help, I want to make sure that I did not get taken for a ride (one that I dont want to be on!).....

Thanks in advance!

Can anyone help me with this? I want to learn more about which motor I have so that I can get the appropriate owners manual and repair manuals.

Thanks again in advance!

is it a Mariner 8 horse power?the serial number is on a silver plate on the left hand side transom bracket.serial numbers on Mariners are either ie 6G1-024222 which is Yamaha based ones,or,OD-182000 which is Mercury based Mariner.these numbers are an example only.the Belgium based Mercs are 09630000,as an example.So recheck yr serial number.Unless of course its something Ive never heard of before

Thanks Budgie14 for checking. The above serial number is correct. It is stamped into the shiny quarter sized round metal on the engine block (port side). The Serial number is ODO22790. I am not sure why mine is different. Maybe I should place a pic of it on here to better explain. The serial number is also placed on the grey lower unit labeled serial number ODO22790 Mercury Marine a division of ...........

Maybe this helps?

Thanks again.

Theres a big difference between DO22790 and OD022790.You left out the O in the first question,which makes it hard to find info

Budgie,
You are correct, I left out an important number. I am sorry for confusing anyone, did not mean to do that, my fault. Thanks for letting me know and working to help me with my request! I really appreciate the help. Any recommendations for determining the approximate value of this motor? Very light scratching on the exterior, and interior looks mint (under the cover), the prop looks completely unused. Starts on the first pull as any good working unit should.....

Thanks,
Jeff

Back