Logo

new user

Cheryl Adams

I am new to this site, but I have a Sea King outboard motor, Model 64GG-9005, Serial 49947. I was just wondering what it is worth. It is in good shape, all original equipment, including pull rope, etc. It will run. I don't know what other info you would need. Thanks for any input!

You have a 1945 or 46 motor made by Gale. It is a 3HP single cylinder. Since it is made by a division of OMC common tuneup parts are available. Not necessarily a rare motor. What it is worth is difficult to pin down. Many collectors and users of the older motors use a book by Peter Hunn called The Old Outboard Book. Great for history of many manufacturers and year/model breakdown. It also has a small section on values that breaks motor quality into 4 categories. The book was published in 2002. At that time a complete motor such as yours was bringing $60 +/- depending on location. If the motor was near mint in appearance and running well it might bring 75-100 +/-. In the end what you are willing to accept and someone is willing to pay will determine the value.

Back