Logo

Chrysler 12.9 motor Help needed.......

Mark G

The RIB. Nova Marine.jpgPic of the motor.jpg

The above are pics of my RIB, ive just refubished her, as you can see its quite old but i think its come up well? ;)

Now the motor i need to find out its age etc so i can oder some parts that are U/S.

Details:
Chrysler 12.9hp
Model No. 122H
Serial: 1848
2cyl 2 stroke Motor

Now the issue is that i need to do some work on the starter pully mechinisim as its cracked, inc the "fly grabber":confused:, (for want of a word, i dont know its "Proper" name) thats cracked in three places.

Any advise or help mucho appreciated. Sorry to the Mercury peeps, i posted this in there by mistake.....sos!

Cheers:)
M

71-73 Lots of parts available.Profile???You said cheers so I'm guessing your probably and Aussie.Sometimes the parts can be had on e-bay.Just be careful you might buy parts you don't need.J

Valley989) 366-8178 [email protected]

JerryJerry05,

Cheers for that, to be honest im an expat "Eastender" living in Calabria Italy.....No where near Auss...lols. As for the "Profile???" part of your response........You lost me there mate?

To be honest im surprised that the motor is that old, its in cracking nick and runs like a good un (i did strip it down and rebuild it mind, just for peace of mind if nothing else) the only thing is that the mechanism for the engagement of the fly wheel, the part that the cord and engagement wheel sits in, is cracked in three places, this presents me with a problem as its made from a plastic resin that sits on a steel spindle (when you pull the cord, this then, via centrifugal force, engages the flywheel) and being as im a diesel fitter by trade and marine engines are not exactly my forte, im not sure what its called? Therefore its like looking for a needle in a haystack, if i knew its proper name, it would make life much easier, so basically if you or any one else for that matter that reads this post knows the correct name and would kindly tell me i would be able to try and locate one, fit it and finally, after three months of work.....Go fishing!!
Cheers
Mark

If it's the round thing that turns the flywheel.I believe it's called a starter pinion gear.
It's available all over.I'd also buy #12 and #13 and #14 too.They might have these parts on this site.
Or [email protected] This guy might send to Italy.Good luck.If you can't find someone to ship to you.Contact me and I'll work out something so you can get the parts.J6B.jpg

J,
You sir are a hero.
The parts that are knackard are indeed part No.2 with No.15 being broken in the past and repaired using some form of plastic glue, this has now given up the ghost as well.
If in honest and looking at the unit as a whole, its all seen much better days (it all fits where it touches) and therfore i would think that the best form of action would be to replace the whole lot as a complete unit (if thats at all possible?)
Ill have a mooch about the net today and see whats out there, if i get no joy ill contact you, via PM, so as you can get me a price for the parts (inc shipping IYDM)

Thank you for taking the time out to assist, its much apprieciated.

Cheers
M

Back