Logo

1999 225 yamaha ox66 vmax fuel pump ground issues

dieseltruck

hi guys im new to the sight i need help...i have a 1999 225 yamaha ox66 vmax. it has left me on the water 2-3 times.acted like it ran out of gas.then after trying for about a half hour it would fire and go.i have pulled and cleaned the vst tank and screen i have pulled and cleaned the 02 sensor i have installed new plugs. i have replaced fuel filters when it runs for more than 10 min i ran a can of sea foam in it on a seperate gas can. some times it runs for awhile most of the time it will fire up run for about 10-15 seconds then acts like it runs out of fuel....what i found is turn the key on it buzzzzz for 3-5 sec pressure the fuel rail it fires rite up then dies shortly after after reading post online the ecu controls the ground loop to the fuel pump if the ecu does not sense the pulser coils it drops the ground to the fuel pump. and thats what is happening no ground...does any one know what i can look for can a bad ground to the ecu cause this? or is it a bad ecu? or is it the resistor? thanks for any responce on my issue andy...

Back