Logo

1999 JOHNSON (Made By Suzuki) NEED DIAG. SOFTWARE and CABLE

big dog

Hi
I have a 1999 Johnson 4 Stroke that was made by Suzuki. (70 HP). I am trying to find the software and data cable for this year motor. Please help if you can. Much appreciated. This is where I am at with it so far.

Thanks, Wes
=========================================

I bought a Landau Pontoon Boat with a 1999 70 HP Johnson 4 stroke From What I hear it was made by Suzuki) it will start and run rough idle but cuts out when it gets to 3200 RPM.

The Injectors have been replaced, Plugs are new but not the Wires there is a good strong spark 7/16th through inline tester, Fuel Pressure at the rail is 38 PSI and Stays up when running up to 3200 rpm. Also pumping the Bulb while running does not seem to help it run better.

When you turn the key on I can hear the electric Fuel Pump cycle for 3 seconds as the manual says it should. I really think the fuel pump is fine. We used a new portable tank so Its not the tank Anti Siphon Valve... Tried a Known working MAP off another Johnson and no change....

Is there anyway to hook this motor up to a PC to get Codes? Also if so where do you hook it up and where to get the software???

Thanks for your help.

Wes

Hi, I Finally got the software hook and connector I am getting 2 codes 1) Crankshaft Position Sensor and 2) Cam Shaft Position Sensor these are the 2 codes I am getting the tech said this is as odd as he has ever seen with both of them coming up and he is thinking it might be the computer.. Any Ideas??? Thanks in Advance. Wes

Hi,
The codes that we are getting is Crankshaft Position Sensor and Cam Shaft Position Sensor this is pretty odd even with my little bit of knowledge at least it is to me. If the Belt slipped and it jumped time what is the procedure to retime the motor? Any other thoughts? Thanks

that price is for the set you see here
ymeda.png

Hi and Thanks for the info I have an update..... I installed the New Battery and got the boat ack from the tech he kinda gave up on it but did try a lot of stuff. The codes that we got was Crankshaft Position Sensor and Cam Shaft Position Sensor and I was thinking timing but the marks are lined up. With it on the DIAG Software it appears not to advance past 5 degrees? Does that mean anything is failing? Anyway I decided to take the boat out and run it as I have not done so yet. It started quick and idled ok little rough. I putted around at maybe 1200 RPM for a few minutes and got it to running much smoother. By now idle was so smooth it seemed to not even be running but was. It would bogg and shake a bit if you opened it up and as long as you bumped it up just a bit at a time or pulsed the throttle Like open up and pumping back and forth it finally climbed to 3300 rpm and 14 MPH. It ran here smooth for 15 mins till I slowed down. I was never able to "baby" it back to 3300 RPM After that but it ran 10 MPH at 2200-2300 smoothly. I ran it for about 2 hours and the longer it ran the smoother it got. At the end of the trip it was idling smooth as a new motor and would throttle up to 2000 rpm like it was a new one but still when you trie to load it up with throttle it Bogged and Popped a bit like a small back fire some of the time.

My observation is that it ran better the longer it ran I kinda feel like this is a Fuel / Air thing not electronic.

Anyone got any info that may help I really appreciate the time you all have taken to help with this. Also I mis-quoted the year this motor is a 1998 4 stroke JOHNSON (SUZUKI).

Thanks.

Wes

Back