Logo

AD 41 Fuel Pump Leak

Thank you all who have given advise thus far .
I am going onboard today & will use the methods you have all suggested to locate this fuel leak . The fuel pump drawing will help . My concern now is what i can inspect without upsetting the set up of the pump ? I know the fuel is coming from the area of the injector discharge pipes . It could be the seals 49/51 but to inspect i would need to remove the centre bolt but would this be safe? The high pressure manifold is secured via 4 sar bolts but again if removed is there any danger of disturbing the precise running of the pump . I feel confident that the leak is in this area & once the manifold is removed i can inspect the various seals & joints properly .
Thank you all again
Colin - Spain -

Colin, your best bet would be to set the engine on top dead center, and check the pump timing mark behind the small panel on the pump. Once the pump and engine are aligned, remove the entire pump and bring it to a pump shop to have it resealed and calibrated. To reinstall the pump, align the marks again and install. Bleed injectors when finished pump install.

Colin, your best bet would be to set the engine on top dead center, and check the pump timing mark behind the small panel on the pump. Once the pump and engine are aligned, remove the entire pump and bring it to a pump shop to have it resealed and calibrated. To reinstall the pump, align the marks again and install. Bleed injectors when finished pump install.
Hi Glen , thank you for your advise . I will do as you suggest .
Colin

Back