Logo

how do i get more out of my 2010 yamaha 90hp 2stroke?

jwmaxwell09

i have a 2010 G3 16.5' with a 90hp 2stroke and it just doesnt seem to put out the rpms and speed that i feel it should but the motor is in perfect shape i was wondering if there were any adjustments or anything i could do to help this out also i run a 19 pitch 13 1/8 in apollo prop and i only run at about 4800-4900 rpms at a speed of 38-40 mph on gps

WOT fully trimmed is 4800-4900 just seems to me that it should be more like 5500 was wondering if maybe my motor needed to be adjusted higher or lower on the transom or if there was some kind of adjustments that could be done to gain rpms or if just simply the pitch is too much

thats what i thought you would say but i wasnt happy with the 17 when i got the boat and could take off with it trimmed all the way up so i moved up to a stainless 19 to pick up a bit more top end. but when i ran the 17 i only turned 5100-5200 rpms at WOT

well you need to try a 15
if you keep that 19 your lugging the motor which will wear out your motor
i have a 200 HP and use a 17 pitch prop

go with a 4 blade

they bite harder. that's about the best way i know to describe it. I like 'em, seems to make a big difference for me.

Back