Logo

need injectors rebuilt

newfyneil

does anyone know where i can get a set of injectors rebuilt??

the engine i have is a MD-17 3 cylinder 36hp volvo. im in eastern canada so the closer the better,, thank you in advance..

Close to any diesel shop with proper bench may change the injector tips, they are std Bosh parts.
You may even find cross overs to other brands.

PS:
Try these people:

Diesel Injection Sales & Service Ltd.
141 Glencoe Drive
Mount Pearl, NL A1N 4S7
CA
Phone: 709-726-6774
Fax: 709-726-6701

Last edited:
thank you my friend, perhaps you could answer another question for me.. the holder # on the injector that came out of the engine i got is "bosch KBL87S78/4",,, i got a call today that the guy said he had 3 brand new injectors for this engine,, the number on the holder is "brazil KBAL65 P9/4" now they look like the same injector on the volvo site,, but the pressure is a little different... could these be a cross over brand as you stated??? if they are,, my luck is turning. sorry for my lack of knowledge with diesel engines. and thanks in advance ..

oh,, i called diesel injection,, the guy was suppose to call me back a couple days ago, and hasn't...

Last edited:
The injector pressure is adjusted by shimming the nozzle. As such it should be no problem shimming to correct pressure.
I guess the injectors mentioned might be for a MD3017 that runs at a higher rpm (3000) compared to your 2500.
You may find cross-over nozzles of different brands around, normally the shops just shim them to correct opening pressure.

thank you,,, ive looked in to the site,, it seems that theres a md-17 c and a md-17 d,,, looks as i have both by the injector pics,lol,,, ill try to dig out one of my straight injectors today to compare numbers, but im thinking these are in my boat,, which is still covered by snow...

Back