Logo

2000 DT 140 hp Wont go past 10 knots

jayden727

PLEASE HELP!!! Im buying a suxuki DT140 year 2000 I believe.
I dont want to get screwed on this, hopefully you guys can help.
Out of water it revs fine, goes into gear fine, but idle is a little rough.
He said it needs tuning so we take it to the water and it takes off and stays at 10 knots.
Help please!! Compression 150 all pistons and its carburetors.

Re: DT140 Wont go past 10 knots

Check the model # as 2000 models might have been fuel injected !!!---------All motors will rev fine out of the water as there is no load and nothing for the motor to do !!--------It is just running itself and will rev up just fine on 2 cylinders.------------------------Sounds like a plugged carburetor or lack of crankcase compression ( not the same as cylinder compression )--------------Carefull if you are buying this thing.--------Have the owner get it it good running shape before you spend a penny on it.

Re: DT140 Wont go past 10 knots

Thanks for the reply. He took out the fuel injected and made it carburetor. I think this might be the problem. ????
Or, the tps on the bottom carb?? He took apart the carbs in front of me and cleaned every single part.

Buyer beware in this case !!----------Is there a good reliable Suzuki dealer in the area ??---------These motors are great when they run-------------service and parts are a problem in many areas.

Back