Logo

y block 4bbl intake modification

M.A.M.

Does anybody have any pictures of how they modified a 4 bbl down draft intake to fit a marine 312? I understand that some people cut out the water passage on the cast iron down draft to keep the original marine thermostat housings. Thanks

Here's a picture of our 312. The manifold has been a bit of a mystery as it's the only one I've seen. A very knowledgable Y block guy recently looked at it and he thought it was an automotive intake that had been altered. We don't know if it was cut by Interceptor, some other marinizer, an after market company, or it's a one off done by an individual. It seems like a lot of trouble to go to, especially as I think an automotive intake with a marine thermostat cover which only has one thermostat is a better set up than Intercetor's set up which has 2 thermostats. If you go to CorrectCraftFan.com and look in the Diaries section and do a search under "Classic", you'll find a red Classic with a 312 with a Blue Thunder manifold.
Yblock.jpg YIntake.jpg

88skier,
Thanks for the pictures. I actually emailed the owner of the red classic and he sent me some pictures of his custom thermostat housing. I think that might be the best way to go. Thanks again.

Back