Logo

Yamaha 15 4 stroke ele start not getting fire

hunterdan

the motor is not getting any fire to the plugs i took it and had it looked at they put a coil on it and that didn't fix the problem so i took it back and they put a ignition coil on it and the problem still is not fixed and this is a Yamaha dealer that i was taking it to i have been trying to work on it my self now they have charged me for everything they have done and not fixed the problem yet and do not seam to want to work with me on this problem. the motor is electric start and if i unplug the white wire coming out of the kill switch is still will not fire so it is not the switch and it ohms out when you check it. I ive been told to unplug the oil pressure thing that makes the low oil light it fired one time when i did that i think it was luck hasnt fired since. i have tightened all grounds and wires and made sure that all conections are tight because if you trailer the boat it may run and may not if you hit the rite bump it will work and if it runs at the lake when you get home and try it wont they all are i have cleaned and put them all back together so it shouldnt be a lose wire i dont think. The only thing i can think of that would be out now is the cdi box has anyone had this problem or know anything i can try so that i dont have to buy a cdi if that is not the problem. thanks in advance

the prob is when i trailer the boat it may hit the rite bump and then it will fire. what is a dva i have a chart that tells what it should be just dont no what a dva is. and should i be getting these readings when the motor is turning over or always.

DVA
direct voltage adapter
you can check ohms but ohms are 1970's

to me it sounds like a bad stop switch or Neutral safety switch on throttle control or motor
but unplugging the white wire eliminates the key switch and kill switch, but not the safety switches

Back