Logo

Where can I find the factory prop's used for Mercury/Mariner outboards? (1983/84)

jaykmar

I have a workshop manual but it doesnt show me what the factory prop is for my Mariner 1983/84 50hp inline 4 (SN 6453200). I had a look on the prop itself and cant find the stamp with the size on it, so im assuming its worn off (there are a few scratchs and dings on the prop).
Im fairly certain its the factory prop. Does anyone know what they come out with from the factory?

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

Anyone able to help me here pls? Id like to pick up a replacement prop tomorrow but cant take my existing one with me. Thanks!

The factory matches the engine/prop to the boat. So a pontoon 24ft would have a different prop than a jon boat with the same engine. The best thing we can do is take a good guess, depending on boat size, type, and configuration. That being said try a 10.5 by 13p.

A prop depends on what you are going to use the boat for,there isn't a factory standard.
For example:for pulling a skier you need hole shot,so a 13 1/4 x 17 may do the job,for speed you might put on a 19 pitch. Then if you are cruising with three buddies weighing 200lbs a piece,a 13" 1/4 x 15 might be the size required. Then the climate factor kicks in and that's where I get lost:D 'cause it doesn't factor where I live as it seldom gets humid and temperature seldom rises above 70* even in summer.
Best bet is take old prop with you to shop,if possible, and they'll give you the same size.
The numbers I used are what I use on my boat so don't go by that.But you can measure your own prop's diameter,it'll give you a starting point.

Hello Jaykmar,

here is a list of OEM props avalible for roughly the motor you are asking about ALSO a note to all PLEASE buy parts off this the host web site first!
we have OEM and after market props avalible for that motor in these pitches.
mercporps.png

Back