Logo

two stroke 3cyl yamaha outboard modifications

turbo1600

hi, anybody know who does modifications to 2 stroke yamaha 3 cyl out boards ?
i`ve had a pretty good look around on the net , but just cant seem to find anything suitable

thanks,

mark krawczuk

I would also like to know of any modification that will improve my 90hp 3 cylinder 2stroke. I have raised the motor as far as I can, I am putting a 4 blade prop on, but really need a bit more go for pulling heavier skiers. Hoping not to have to re-power.
I have heard that people have removed head gaskets to improve power, on other two strokes, can this be done on a Yamaha 3cylinder 90?

That is already a fairly optimized motor and you only have 3 cylinders so your torque capability is limited. Keep in mind that rpm will be your friend with that motor and the 4 blade may hook you up too well on the low end. Boyesen reeds will help some. Hydrotech in Oklahoma probably knows as much as anybody about mods.

Thanks PBRman.
I will have to get a price on the reeds. Do you think they might give me 5% extra? Do they take long to fit, would I have to take the power head off?

Reeds are behind the carbs in the intake manifold. Don't expect any deals unless you can find some dealer with inventory he wants to get rid of.

Back