Logo

Trim Motor Problems

bluebass

Recieved new trim motor and pump, connected wiring harness up plugged in motor and hit switch up and down works perfect. Installed motor to outboard hit up down trim motor doesn't work at all, made sure have power ground and made sure there is power and ground when switch is hit, power and ground are present. removed tirm motor connected to wiring harness and hit swich up and down works fine, did not notice and thing abnormal, installed trim motor and hit switch....nothing. Wonding why it work not installed and not work when installed........Kinda Stuck

Thank You

Figured it out........ Maunufacture defect the motor and pump are seperate and the motor drive shaft the keys into the pump to drive the pump is to long and it binds up in the pump and wont turn. returned to manufacture and got new one works perfect.

I've got a 5.0 L mercruiser alpha one. Had to replace the pump on mine. Also replaced the two solenoids. Took pictures of it before I tore it down so I know everything is hooked back up correctly. I got it all back in the boat and the pump worked up and down perfectly. A few minutes later I tried to trim up and got nothing. It will trim down. But when I try to trim up I get nothing. No clicking or any noise coming from anything. All wires are intact and everything is tight. After messing with it some more I noticed that the 20 amp fuse was blown. Replaced it and still can't get it to trim up. I can jump the solenoid with a screw driver and it will trim up just fine. Just won't work using the trim switch on the handle. Any suggestions???

Back