Logo

Early to Mid 70's Merc 9.8 problem

RuffC

I need a new prop my old two blade is wore out but I can't find one anywhere thats any cheaper than $130 and that was for a factory replacement aluminum one. Any Help would be great.

There are a few different ones --------availability of used ones depends on your location.---Is there a # on the old one??

I bought the motor used and everything was good ecept the prop. the prop has seen a grinder a time or two from what I can tell. there are no numbers on it. I didn't know if I could use a 9x9 two blade off a 1976 7.5 merc or not.

i duck hunt a little too but the boat it is on is a well maintained 1964 Sea king 14ft v bottom. The boat is light and only carries two people at a time with gear.

I guess you need to check the MICHIGAN propeller catalogue on line to see what props are offered for the 3.9 / 4.5 / 7.5 / 9.8 mercury line up.

I did some diggin through one of my "junk" boxes and I have a 9 pitch 2 blade. It's used - some paint is worn off and it's dusty, but there are no dings etc.

If you hadn't posted looking for one I would have forgot that I had it and would be willing to part with it for the cost of postage to send it and $1.50 for a coffee :)

Drop me a private message if you are interested.

(edit to add - it is a Michigan wheel prop)

Last edited:
Back