Logo

2000 yamaha 9.9 hp 4 stroke only starts cold

alexava

it starts right up and goes fine. i run wide open for 10-15 min. then fish all day. i start back up fine run wide open back to ramp, turn off, back the trailer in and try to start it back and it wont hit a lick at all. when i get home 30min. later it will fire right up perfectly. i have had it checked by mechanic he said the temp is perfect and he ran it for 30 or 40 min. in a tub and could not get it to repeat problem. i think it has been this way for a long time but where i normally fish i only idle.

Re: 2000 yamaha 9.9 4 stroke only starts cold

carb either needs adjustment or the neutral safety switch is not adjusted right

the rope will not pull in gear. is there something else that kills the spark to plugs attached to the neutral safety switch? i have never thought of this but when i have the problem it acts like it is not getting any fire at all. i bought a test spark plug but i will have to do this on the water. i havent been able to repeat the problem in a tub.

i think this is a bad kill switch. does this site have a link to order yamaha parts. i had the problem when first starting the motor and played with the kill switch then it started right up.

Back