Logo

75 HP chrysler

12simo12

Hi i have a 75 hp chrysler have recently changed the impeller and still no water streaming out of motor. Is there ment to be water coming out of the two holes half way down the motor? There is also black oil coming from those holes aswell, dont think that should be happening. can anyone help me with these issues.

Cheers

Sometimes bugs get into or corrosion gets into the pee tube.Back flush or a piece of weed eater string in the hole can un-block it.
The 2 holes are excess pressure, relief holes.You might see water there,usually when the boat is in the water.Sometimes just a mist or spit.
The black oil is probably unburned gas/oil.When you tilt the motor up, it leaks out of the carbs and unburned fuel from the crankcase leaks out the exhaust.Nothing to worry about.
When ever you see oil check the lower unit for leaks or water in the oil.Jerry

Thanks for the info jerry, i have fixed the impeller problem, it wasnt spinning with the shaft. i did notice there was oil in the lower unit and was slowly leaking from the upper unit. is this anything to be worried about?

I don't understand(i did notice there was oil in the lower unit and was slowly leaking from the upper unit)????
Oil or water?? Shouldn't have an UPPER.Help me understand.Jerry

Back