Logo

1982 40hp Mariner Pull Start, Wireing for Charging A Battery.

Bz Kn33z

Hello,
I am new to the site and new to outboard motors just bought my first Boat and motor and the motor is a 1982 40hp 2stroke mariner (Yamaha type) i want to run a Battery off it, i have read some threads but still unsure of how to go about it, its a Pull start outboard and i have looked there are 2 green wires that dont go to anything from the stator i think it is, i was wondering if i could use one to go to a battery + and run a neg from the Motor to the neg on the battery would this work as i want to run a cd player, i will take some pictures if needs be, any info on this topic would be great thanx.

If that is coming from a charging coil then I think you need a rectifier in there first.---------green wires from stator / then rectifier /then to a battery.

If that is coming from a charging coil then I think you need a rectifier in there first.---------green wires from stator / then rectifier /then to a battery.

Ok then so there is no way around it, i just have to get a Rectifier? anyone know where to get a cheap one or part number thanx for your help.

Attachments

• 12012011332.jpg
    12012011332.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 192
  • 12012011331.jpg
    12012011331.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Back