Logo

what year is the mariner/mercury outboards

dunesurfer

I,m trying to establish what year is my mariner 55 3cyl outboards.Serial numbers of the two motors is OD112990 and OD112992.Its teh ones with the bulb on the cylinder tops and not the flat top ones.I believe the diffrence is the one with the bulb,fitts a smaller bottom crankseal then the ones with the flat tops.

Thats according to a mariner service agent.As i,m far away from one,i need this info to get the right service manaul.

Thanxs

Noel, I think you got a line crossed there on the chart - I'm showing them as 1992 Merc model Mariners...

Woooop,sorry Graham,you're right.:eek:Don't ask,but I think I spent too much time talking to John Jameson at lunch and wasn't wearing my glasses:D

Hi Guys,
Just one more thing.Which is the bestw ay to get amanual.Buy a online one,which we can then download and print out,or should i try and get the orginal through the dealers in SOUTH AFRICA,which might take some time.If online way is better,then also i would need a a web adress.

You can buy the Seloc manual here at this site.They do ship manuals International and it helps with the upkeep this site

Back