Logo

bottom cowl cover 1978 yami mariner

H. I. McDunnough

Regular Contributor
I'm looking at buying a bottom cowl (shaft) cover for my 1978 yami mariner. I'm assuming that it is to dampen sound, which would be nice for tiller operation. If so, dose it work and is it worth the investment?

Thanks, Rick

The little collar that goes around under the lower cowl pan? Covers where the powerhead bolts to the leg?
Andrew, I think I misunderstood you. Yes, it goes around under the lower cowl "pan" and it does cover leg where the powerhead bolts go up through. What's it do? Rick

Last edited:
Best I can tell is it's a purely cosmetic cover, and may help keep spray off the powerhead bolts. There were stacks of 40's sold over here, be sure and look in Australia on Ebay when searching.

Regards, Andrew.

Best I can tell is it's a purely cosmetic cover, and may help keep spray off the powerhead bolts. There were stacks of 40's sold over here, be sure and look in Australia on Ebay when searching.

Regards, Andrew.

If it's just for looks, I'll probably pass. Good tip on the Aussie e-bay. Parts for these are tough to come by over here.

Thanks, Rick

You should check Aussie Ebay. And postage is quite reasonable from and to the US from here. Plus, our dollar is USUALLY below yours, so another win.

Back