Logo

2000 DF50 motor will not raise

rcar

The PTT on my motor is not working the relays seam fine my problem is that I cannot even raise the motor by opening the manual release valve per the factory manual it is stuck in the down position so I can't access the PTT. Has anbody run into this problem? Thanks in advance.

The engine runs fine. If you mean the PTT motor it runs when pushing the down button but not when you press the up button. Again I can't pry it up with a 2x4 so the PTT motor isn't able to lift it. This boat motor a trailer have been garaged for the last 9 months, but all was well when I stored it.

Well Justin I switched the relays and it still won't go up. I switched them back and the motor runs fine when you push the down button but the relay just clicks when you hit the up button. The fact that I can't manually raise this engine makes me think it is somehow frozen in the down position. Any ideas on how I can raise the engine to get the PTT apart would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Does the motor operate at all when you push --------------UP-----------------before or after you switched relays.

Back