Logo

1998 Vmax 150 primer bulb sucked into a vacuum

I can idle all day 24/7 but as soon as I'm up on a plain within 10 seconds the engine starts dying and eventually quits and the primer bulb is sucked into a vacuum. I changed the bulb but have the same issue. Changed out the fuel/water seperator and also forced air back to the tank through the fuel hose on the supply side of the seperator. Haven't used the boat since doing either one of those things. Please advise. Thanks.

Last edited:
When the bulb goes flat it indicates a blockage between the bulb and the tank.----------------------Check tank vent and fuel pick-up screen in tank. Anti syphon valve at tank outlet ( if equipped with one )----------Obviously nothing wrong with the fuel pump on the motor.

its either
anti-syphon valve on vent or out from gas tank
bad primer bulb
bad fuel lines
clogged water separator if equipped

I can idle all day 24/7 but as soon as I'm up on a plain within 10 seconds the engine starts dying and eventually quits and the primer bulb is sucked into a vacuum. I changed the bulb but have the same issue. Changed out the fuel/water seperator and also forced air back to the tank through the fuel hose on the supply side of the seperator. Haven't used the boat since doing either one of those things. Please advise. Thanks.[/QU

I had the same problem on my Grady-it was a bad anti-siphon valve.

Back