Logo

mariner 50hp year of manufacture needed

buster brown

I have just bought a 50hp Mariner and serial number appears to be O9776280-any body tell me the year please and model number etc for ordering parts and servicing?

Hello Buster,

I'll take a swing at this, I believe that the serial number is incorrect here is a image can you recheck and verify yours please.

mariner.png

many thanks-I think the number is in fact OG 776280-would that be correct ?
Are you sure that is the right number or that your engine is a 50 hp?

That serial number comes up as an 1999 MERCURY SEA PRO 75 MLH, Serial No: 0G776280 Model No: 1075217VD (3 Cylinder)

Service manual #90-830234R04 - 75/75 MARATHON, 75 SEA PRO, 90/100/115/125 - 65/80 JET

Hello Buster,

I'll take a swing at this, I believe that the serial number is incorrect here is a image can you recheck and verify yours please.

mariner.png
Cliff, Is that part of your new program you were talking about? Nice. You should be able to punch in the serial number and it should take you right to the info you are looking for.

Last edited:
Thanks for seeing this!
yes and no our site works the same but looks different however this is another one that looks ups, here is what comes up with the serial look up ( this is why I said I will take a swing )
let me know what ya think!
mmmm.png

back to the drawing board-where do I find the serial number ?
The decal on the engine cowl say 50hp Mariner !!!

Are you sure that is the right number or that your engine is a 50 hp?

That serial number comes up as an 1999 MERCURY SEA PRO 75 MLH, Serial No: 0G776280 Model No: 1075217VD (3 Cylinder)

Service manual #90-830234R04 - 75/75 MARATHON, 75 SEA PRO, 90/100/115/125 - 65/80 JET

Sorry, But my system is not picking up any information from your 9776280 number.

The system I use does not pick up anything older than 1980ish or anything made out side the of the USA.

Do you know where the engine was made? Is the engine a 3 or 4 cylinder?

Sorry, But my system is not picking up any information from your 9776280 number.

The system I use does not pick up anything older than 1980ish or anything made out side the of the USA.

Do you know where the engine was made? Is the engine a 3 or 4 cylinder?
IT IS 3 CYLINDER BUT i DON`T KNOW WHERE IT WAS MADE

Last edited:
Hello Buster,

mariner.png
I'm unsure of your engines year, But with the info you have posted shows this link will be a starting point for you to be able to look up your engine parts that fall within your engine serial number. 9683055 THRU 9885344 (This Links For Example Only.)

If you look at cliffs chart above you'll notice your engine serial number rang is six lines under the highlighted 0G number. Look for serial number range 9683055 THRU 9885344 that is your engine parts, Notice the B to the right of that number? That is where the engine was made, But I forget right now what the B stands for.:confused::eek:

Hopefully cliff will chime back in and help with a link to the marine engines web site using his new chart so you have a few options to look up parts to your engine.

Note, By buying parts here off this website helps support this websites forums.:)

Hope this helps you out a little, Good luck with it.

Last edited:
The B is for Belgium,and if the number begins with 9 it it's Belgian.
Thanks for the info, For some reason I have a hard time remembering different names out side the U S of A.:eek:

This site seems to list the engine as a 1992

http://www.storesonline.com/site/573683/page/608047
In the website you posted, I see his engine as a 93. Serial number 50 HP, 0971000 - 09793444 = 1993

Buster brown's Serial number is O9776280.:) That's a good website to look up serial numbers though, Thanks.:cool:

Back