Logo

KAD32 compressor noise

Camalandy

Can anyone help.* I have twin Volvo KAD32's.* one has developed a noisy compressor.* It is not a squeak as other forum users have posted.* It is*just a louder noise than the other engines compressor.*** Both have same oil level and good oil.* The comprssor cuts in at approx 1500 rpm and just has a louder running noise.* When the good compressor cuts in you cant*realy hear the running of the compressor. The boat has not lost any power but just noisy. *I have not read any posts with same problem.* Can anyone advise.:confused:
Thanks Steve.

What sort of noise is it? You could have a bad bearing if it is a 'rumbling' noise, or it could be an air leak (gasket, piping etc) if it is 'induction' type noise. We had trouble with one of ours and according to Volvo they are not serviceable. Just buy a new one at $xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.00 dollars.

Took us ~4 - 5 hours to strip, service, and reassemble. No special tools required, but if you do disassemble, carefully mark the gears that drive the two vanes before you disassemble. We didn't and spent over an hour getting the alignment correct again. Still runs good 500hrs later. They are not complicated, just need to take a few photos as you pull apart and mark all the alignments.

I have the same on my KAMD42 's The port you can hardly hear it running but the Starboard kicks in with a load Whine sound ! Seem to work fine just more noise produced, I'm not sure what it is , Adjusted belt tenison a couple of times and no improvement ????

Back