Logo

1997 sportpac 350 heads???

I have a 1997 Custom weld with a Marine Power 350 in it and am looking to put a set of Edelbrock heads on it. Does anyone know which ones I should order? It is a sportpac and it is carb'd but thats all I know.
Also, there is no V in the model code so I dont think it's a Vortec.
thanks

Re: sportpac 350 heads???

You will want to determine what you want for a C/R, and also determine which pistons are in this engine, before ordering your new heads.... no matter which way you go.
Example:
Flat Tops offer no piston volume (other than what the valve reliefs offer), so the cylinder head combustion chamber volume will be a factor in determing C/R.
Any of the dished pistons will have a volume that must be known, and will become part of your equation to determine which cylinder head to use for a given C/R.
If you have a quench effect piston in this engine, you will want to know your deck height before ordering head gaskets..... If the quench is important to you.

Re: sportpac 350 heads???

Would Marine power not have this info if I gave them the serial#. Im not partial to edelbrock but they're cheap and they sell them across the street from my shop

Back