Logo

Motor ID

Manateeofwar,could you check that # again,I can't find an 18HP with that Belgium number,the lowest is 941... ,which is 1985. 1980 is the first 18HP I came across,US built,and '85 is the first and the last with a Belgian # that I came across.

Hi Haven. Thanks for the reply. The serial number is correct, I double & triple checked it. I've looked everywhere online for this info and still no luck. Anything you come across is much appreciated.
Thanks a bunch!
Bill

http://download.brunswick-marine.com/download/dosearch/@isnew/desc?mod=17〈=EN&categories=Outboard$ The Brunswick site is incomplete.I'm miffed:D.Good on you Boat tech

Manateeofwar and boat_tech,

please look on this site first for Parts and Manuals

we have the largest selection of OEM and crossed to after market parts in stock!

Last edited:
Re: Missed it by that much.

Cliff C, Just so that you are aware the link you posted Probably would work fine for Manateeofwars engine, But according to mercury's parts system the correct parts for HIS engine from the link you posted would have been the 8071973 AND UP link, Not the 9332837X THRU 9390058X link you posted.I do not mind trying to help you guy's out with promoting Marine engines, It's just that I myself find the other link much easier to navigate through from start to finish. Just out of habit, I can go through that site in seconds not minutes to find exactly what I need, And I do not work with that other company that I list.I just like to try to ensure that I am giving out the most correct information that I possibly can is all, And a site like that to me anyways should help someone find the exact part that they are looking for part number wise along with a good parts diagram to go with it. Then what they'll most likely go and do after that is just google the correct part numbers that they have just found, Trying to find the best price someplace else, Well that's what I always do anyways, lol. I'll see what I can do for you guys here, But it's just out of habit for me is all.http://www.marineengine.com/parts/m...&model=18&serialId=5378&serial=8071973+AND+UP

Boat _tech,

you are correct and you have found the flaw that Mercury EPC has with a "range" look up which is how we have mimicked our look up to date. I have corrected my link. Also we have just implemented parts drawings on the Mercury look up's as of yesterday and hope to have a serial number look up before the next season. again Mimicking the EPC look up's and hopefully speeding the look up as you have ID'd . we do thank you for you efforts on this board!

Back