Logo

motor not putting fire to my plugs 2000 15hp 4 stroke

hunterdan

I have a 2000 Yamaha 15hp 4 stroke electric start i am not getting any fire to my plugs i have checked the kill switch and it is fine and working like it is suppose to. Is there a way to check the coil or is there anything elec i should check. I have checked the fuses and all wires are plugged up and everything elec looks good. The problem started Saturday morning and i pulled the boat back out and played with it for a while and got it to run dont know what i did to it but it ran great all day long. Now today i go to crank it and it will not start again and i pulled the plugs and they look good but are not getting any fire.

I have a white wire coming off of the switch going into the cdi box and another white wire with a black stripe on it and I tried un plugging one at a time and still no fire on either plug

i have a volt meeter but not sure what a dva is. Is there a way that you can tell me how to test that or do i just need to take it somewhere and let someone that knows what they are doing take a look at it thanks for your help

should i be getting these readings when the motor is just sitting or while turning over i have never had to go this far in depth in the electrical system and if i am not getting these readings does that mean my cdi is bad.

Back