Logo

1997 yamaha ox66 250hp fuel inject Engine not pulling oil from main oil tank

reelman955

'I have a 1997 Yamaha 2 stroke ox66 250 fuel inject engine. The engine is not pulling oil from my main oil tank. It only pulls oil from the reserve tank on the engine. Not sure if this could have anything to do with my problem, but about 10 engine hours ago I ran the main oil tank empty. After filling it, everything seemed fine until recently. My low oil alarm went off. I checked the main oil tank and it was half full. I checked under the engine cover and found the reserve low. I have since run the engine about 5 hours and the engine is only pulling off the reserve tank. I checked the oil line for any kinks and all looks fine. I was considering blowing it out with an air compr from the engine back into the oil tank.'

This is a guess (and MAYBE from memory), my engine is a 2000, but try this.....there maybe a toggle switch near the the reserve tank that draws oil up from the main reservoir manually, see if that works first.

Big Skeet,
I tried throwing that togle switch with negative results. I guesss either my pump is shot or I have a vac leak in my oil line or the line is clogged. Im going to put an air comp[ on the line and blow it back towards the main oil tank. If there is a clogged, this should fix it (I hope) Otherwise, I will be replacing the oil pump and running a new line. Any other suggestions?

Back