Logo

Please Help!!! 135 hp Optimax 2001, Idle great acceleration issue. Please Help!

gregsgsr

My grandfather gave me a boat. The motor has around 100 hrs on it. It was sitting for three years (Boat ran fine prior to it sitting). Mechanic changed spark plugs, water impeller, and lower unit oil, and did a small tune up before I got the boat this week. I drained the fuel and added fresh fuel then changed the fuel filter on the motor. I let it warm up at idle it sounded fine. The problem started around 1500 rpm the motor would drop rpm and sound like it was going to putter out, but would stay on. I ran it for around an hour and then the problem didn't occur till 2300 rpm. It seemed like it wasn't getting enough fuel. I am not for sure if this is the actual case. The ball on the fuel line was full so maybe some other can give me some suggestions??? I would greatly appreciate it!!!

Last edited:
Re: Please Help!!! 135 Optimax 2001, Idle great acceleration issue. Please Help!

You need to remove, disassemble, and clean the carbs.

Re: Please Help!!! 135 Optimax 2001, Idle great acceleration issue. Please Help!

Are there " carburetors " on an OPTIMAX ???

Guess I gotta slow down and read a bit better.

Optimax is an injection engine. I'd start with making sure battery wires are clean and securely connected.

Back