Logo

2008 90Hp Yamaha not getting rev's up

toucansid

this has been a problem since i bought it (brand new). i took it back to the dealer who seemed to fix it. It has now run out of warranty. It runs and starts fine when cold. but as it heats up it seems to starve itself of fuel. the squeeze bulb is being sucked flat. It normally runs at about 5000 RPM but when the problem kicks in, I cant get it above 2800 RPM. Im guessing the fuel pump but has anyone got any ideas?

If the bulb is going flat then the fuel pump is working " just fine " and you need to look elsewhere.-----------In this case you need to inspect fuel tank vent / fuel tank hoses / tubing. Fuel tank pick-up tube and screen.

I have just changed the fuel lines. but before i did i checked the see if there is fuel coming through the old one. it seemes to be coming through fine. I did this by puting a pin into the valve and squeezing the bulb. Fuel spilled out so it does not seem as if thats the problem after all. VERY wierd.

Have just got back from a trip out fishing. the new fuel line seems to have done the trick. spent two days doing a fair bit of running around and it nevermissed a beat. thank you very much :)

Back