Logo

Yamaha 1991 TXRP 225 not getting on plane

cjohnson

I have a 1991 Yamaha TXRP 225 and having an issue with it getting up on plane. As I give it more gas it starts to hesitate then stick around 3K RPM's. I have replaced the spark pulg caps, spark plugs, cleaned the cabs out with carb cleaner while at idle and high speeds. It comes and goes sometimes it is a good day then sometimes it is a problem.

Put a timing light on the plug wires -------You need to find out if you have an ignition or a fuel problem.You can look into the carburetor bores ( strong flaslight ) to see how fuel is coming up the main nozzle.------------You may have plugged carburetor jet/s which results in a loss of a cylinder or 2 .------Proper carburetor cleaning is done by taking the carburetors apart.

New plugs new spark plug caps, sprayed carb cleaner into carbs at idle and full speed ran fine then took boat out again same problem. Found crimped fuel line shortened and re routed, can I take the carbs apart clean the jets the put them back together without buying re build kit?

Spraying carburetor cleaner into a carburetor when the engine is running is a waste of time.-----------These thing have to be taken apart for cleaning and inspection.-----------Often no parts are required to do this.---------Did you use a timing light to look for problems ???------Did you use a flashlight to look for fuel problems ???--------If not it makes me wonder.

Do not let carb cleaner (Berkible 2+2 works great) touch anything that is made of plastic or especially rubber. It will swell rubber and make the gaskets un-useable

Back