Logo

boat controls for a dana 1971 318

winkles117

have a 1971 houseboat with a 318/ dana outdrive single engine. the controls broke and need new ones. the problem is that the dana has a clutch, which thats 3 cables. one throttle/ one forward and reverse/ and the third works the clutch, in forward and reverse. none of the new controls are set up for a clutch. anyone had this problem and know how to fix it??

Re: boat controls for a dana

Only thing that comes to mind are those "stackable" controls used on the multi-outboard setups. Have no idea where to get them beyond a high performance offshore shop.

My be cheaper to get two new 'morse' boxes: one single and one dual and go from there. three singles may give a bit more flexibility depending upon the free space at your helm.

Ayuh,... I've got a 69 Nautiline with 2 of those drivelines...
While I don't remember Exactly,....
I believe mine is standad 2 cable systems....
The controller shift cable goes back to a clutch switch plate where it meets the lower shift cable to the drive...
Kinda like a Merc switch plate, but actuates the hyd. clutch...

have a 1971 houseboat with a 318/ dana outdrive single engine. the controls broke and need new ones. the problem is that the dana has a clutch, which thats 3 cables. one throttle/ one forward and reverse/ and the third works the clutch, in forward and reverse. none of the new controls are set up for a clutch. anyone had this problem and know how to fix it??
i have controls text me 7405254476

Back