Logo

671 gasket kit reference

fiaadmin92

Hello,

I need to replace a head gasket on a GM 671 and I'm not sure witch kit to choose. I ask about it to diesel pro power but they didn't bother to reply.

My engine is a GM and numbers are 5152825-R (but I guess it's only a cast number), model 671 LA 244 serie 671 12896.

In my workshop manuals engine numbers for 671 should start by 1xxxx.. that's make me confusing as when I look for head gaskets with engine's kits some seems to have 6 individual rings others 1 individal piece with 6 holes covering all the cylinder head.

If someone could help me find the good part (dp-5192926, 23512676, ?...) would be nice help to me.

Thank you,
Fred.

I have a gasket set the part number is FP-23512676 ( fp diesel)it's a complete overhaul gasket set for a 6-71 doesn't matter what model it is if you cant find one let me know i can get it. model and serial #'s as an example: serial# 6A-106354 model# 1053-7001 normally found on right front corner of block (or just on the top 4 corners )let me know i can help

if you think you have head gskt problems then remove the head,there are more problems you may find.engine dose have a old style head.

iam sorry to say but i still can idenify. engine has a old style two valve cyl head but the block looks to be a high block.the best thing to do is to remove cyl head and see what head gekts it takes.

This is the detroit part # for a high block 5195742 which you seem to have, the other number i gave you is for a low block which has o-rings on top deck the block on the other hand high block has a one piece metal seal. you need to pull your head to see what gasket you have for sure,i saw a gasket set on e-bay or you can try powerline components they have everthing for detroits

Back