Logo

Need help with year and model of an Evinrude

startedinbermuda

Contributing Member
I am about to replace my motor with an Evinrude 115HP but not sure of the year. The Modl is E11STSLECM. Can someone help me with the year and whether it's a "looper". As a matter of fact any info at all as to the reliability, record, etc with those motors would be most helpful. Thanks George/Plantation Isles Florida

Can you tell from that whether it's what is commonly referred to as a "looper". Not that I know what a looper is but I hear from others that looper is more "reliable, better built, commercia, etc etc"
Thanks,

Not a " looper " it is the old " crossflow " design.-----------------Bullet proof when it left the factory!--------------In the hands of some owners they can be destroyed in just hours.---------------Get rid of the oil injection and run 50:1 mix.

Unfortunately for some, the term " commercial " is just a bit of marketing hype for the most part.-------------------------There is no difference in the internal parts for commercial operation.---------------The 2 cylinder motors use a 3 cylinder gearcase.------------------The 4 cylinder motors use a V-6 gearcase.-----------------Just took apart a 96 ---115 HP ----Beautiful motor but destroyed by lack of care and maintenance.

That is so cool you advise me of that. The one I'm looking to buy never had the fuel injection because both previous 2 owners preferred to mix on their own.

Back