Logo

Merc Classic Fifty trouble

kountzelightdiesel

Contributing Member
I have recently purchased a Merc Classic Fifty 45 hp Serial #0A983750

I am trying to find the carb kits for this thing and am having trouble identifing it.
The website I have been using shows a 45 hp in the serial number range I have but the drawing of the carbs looks nothing like the ones on this engine. the serial number range before mine shows two carbs. One being a walboro and the drawing looks to be a match to mine.

Can anyone help me nail down which kit I need?

Many people pick the carburetors as the place to start the repair / trouble shooting process. Not sure why that is.---------------What is the motor doing / not doing.

East Coast Marine has what you neede. Since those are basic Tillotsons, a carb kit's parts will interchange with decades worth of them. Buy a set for approximately your motor's year and you'll be okay.

Jeff

This engine has been sitting up for years with gas and water in the carbs I cleaned them but I can't get the needle valve to seal off so I was going to rebuild them.

Is there a number on the carb to Id it? The drawing of the Tillotson carb doesn't look much like mine. The Walbro does. In fact in my serial number range it shows a remote fuel pump and mine are integrated.

Back