Logo

MerControl unit

red240z

Does anyone have a diagram on how to put the MerControl throttle/shifter unit together? I bought one in pieces from a mid 70's boat. There are 2 large cams that go together some how. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I was hoping through the process maybe someone could tell me how you would go about taking one off of a boat. I have a 1998 200 EFT with the quicksilver 3000. I was wanting to remove the controls from the side panel but can't figure out how to get the shift/throttle lever off. The button that you push to engage throttle advance without engaging a gear seems to be the part I need to take off but can't figure out how it's removed. Any help sure would be appreciated. Thanks for the help.

The control is bolted to the panel by two bolts.Reach behind the panel ,they should be accessible there.The bolts go through the panel into the control box

Sounds goo haventaclue, in my case the control box is mounted behind the panel and it appears that the control lever has to be removed to get the control box removed. Any idea on removing the control lever?

Thanks for the help,

Thanks for the link, it should help out quite a bit, didn't know there was a set screw located on the bottom, I'll have to take a closer look. Thanks again.

Does anyone have a diagram on how to put the MerControl throttle/shifter unit together? I bought one in pieces from a mid 70's boat. There are 2 large cams that go together some how. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
I have a mercontrol paper which is original that came with my 1964 Larson boat. It shows all the parts and disassembly of the control station. Hard to explain I can email you the page

Hello I was wondering if I could get the instructions for the mercontrol re assembly mine is not goin back together. And I can’t find anything on the Internet. Thank you

Back