Logo

motor dies at full throttle my yamaha vmax carb

hugopta

hey guys, got a problem here, my yamaha vmax carb dies at full throttle,i have used it about 5 times since i got the motor installed motor has 200hours, from the first time there is a little bit of a delay for the motor to kick in to full throttle, when i went out this weekend it got so bad that the motor dies as soon as i try advance above 1000/1100 rpm, i'm thinking distry carbs, i dont have any fuel leaks in the system.

another thing we did, trim the motor out for the refs to increase to about 1300rpm, give full power and with a slight delay it kicks in or keep it trimmed down, go to 1100 rpm, 1200 if you can get there, give a little bit more power if it gets to 1300 go wot and it fires, most of the time it dies.

If i choke it at idle it dies, i did not try choke it as i advance the throttle my guess would be that it will die, i'm thinking as i said dirty carbs or wrong ratio, funny thing is this motor was recentley serviced with carbs cleaned ect, whether it was properley done i dont know, can it be the spark plugs as those were replaced as well?

Any advice/thoughts?

Back