Logo

5 HP 2 Stroke won't piss water?

oldenred

I checked the impeller which looked worn so I replaced it along with the housing and bolts ect. Then I checked to see if the lower was clogged and it doesn't appear to be. What else could it be and how do I fix it? I have been putting it in a trash can to run it.

There should be a hose connected to a nipple that is on the bottom cowling. Remove it. If it doesnt come free easily take a flat head screw driver and get at the base of it to get it off without ripping it. Crank your engine in your trash can or wherever in water and see if the water squirts out of the nipple. If so then you have a clog farther along in the cooling system. If not then you either didnt put the water pump together correctly or you didnt get the water inlet pipe coming from the mid-section connected to the water pump outlet hole.

Another thing to look at when you replace the impeller: As you slide the impeller down pull up on the shaft and make sure the impeller is all the way down. When the engine is running the shaft pulls up about an eighth of an inch and if the impeller is not flush the water will not come out.

the impeller was in correctly, ended up taking the motor apart. there was a bunch of small stones in the cylinder head and some weeds / grass in the exhaust covers

Back