Logo

15hp Yamaha Water in Carb?

burnsidedawg

I have a 15hp Yamaha that I wish I could use more often. However, I try to run it at least monthly. I think the last tank of gas I had did not have the Blue Stabil in it. Anyway, I tried to crank it with a fresh tank of oil/gas mix a week or so ago and it would start on the first pull with full choke and immediately stall, subsequent tries to start it with choke out/in/throttle at start at a little more than start, whatever did not result in any firing of the engine. I could let is sit for a couple of hours and it would do the same thing. My crabber buddy told me it was that damn gasahol and water was the issue and to drain the fuel filter under the cowling and I did. I pumped it back up and it was the same saga as before. I took the hose off that lead to the carb and let it drain as much as possible. Pumped it back up to full capacity and same result, somtimes it would fire but stall immeditely. The reason I am posting is that another friend of mine, who has a brother that is a yamaha dealer, told me that perhaps if the new pumped in fuel with the blue stabil, might by chance restabilize the fuel in the carb. Pessimism set in and I just chalked it up to a bill. Well, three days after I did all the above, I decided to try one more time prior to taking it in to the dealer. Well, it started on the first pull and ran like a champ. I ran it for an hour turned it off to go eat and then restarted it with no problem. Ran it dry this time , choked it and ran it to shutoff again. Hopefully this will remedy the problem. Just wanted to pass this on in case it is an issue for some of you all as well.

Burnsidedawg.

Back