Logo

86 mariner 25hp thermostat location

1986 canadian made mariner 2 stroke 25hp. Does this engine have a thermostat and if so where is it located?

The seloc manual i have does not include my motor.Any help will be appreciated.

Serial No: 0A718457 Model No: 7025206
The seloc manual i have does not cover my motor. I looked high and low and does not appear to be one on this motor.

Any help would be appreciated.

Well after some searching it appears there are 2 serial groups for my style of motor. mine is group 1 and shows no thermostat.So i guess i can rule that out as a faulty part.

when cranking the motor in a barrel of water it will run 2 to 3 minutes before water comes out of the tell tell and sometimes you have to rev the motor up to get water to come out of the tell tell. replaced water pump 6 months ago.

guess i need to pull foot again and check water pump. Any suggestions?

with the serial number beginning with OA,means its a Mercury Mariner[no cylinder head]and my 1984 20hp Mercury doesnt have a thermostat either.But if it was a Yamaha made Mariner,my 1980 25hp Yamaha made Mariner[cylinder head] has a thermostat at the top of the head.Also,try a bit of wire up the pee hole,might have a small blockage.A lot of the water also comes out the exhaust

Back