Logo

Warning buzzer

woodfan

Yes I have indeed read my manual and it tell's me nothing about how to shut of the warning buzzer.

I was on the lake yesterday coming back to the launch when the buzzer went off steady. I did notice only a small stream coming from the P hole. I shut it down and was towed in (Thank's for Tow Boat U.S.A. ins.) . Fortunately only about a 1000 yds from shore. today I go out and turn the key on and I get beep-beep-beep-beep and it does not quit.

The motor was running fine before the buzzer and after I got to the launch, but still beeping.

I will change the impellar but need to know how to shut off the beeper.

1992 Mariner 75 hp

Many thanks in advance for any help.

You are describing two different "beeps".

The steady beep (beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep) is indicative of an overheat (later models had a motion sensor on the oil pump that would give a steady beep if it failed, but this was not standard kit on pre-94 models).

The beep beep beep would indicate low oil in the tank.

Of course, both conditions could be caused by a toasted oil module (which controls what kind of beep you get).

To be safe I would - mix up some gas/oil at 50:1 in a portable tank and if you are confident the cooling system is functioning properly, start the motor.

If you are still getting the beep beep beep, disconnect the two blue wires coming from the oil tank (oil tank level sensor).

If it's still beeping, the module is shot - if the beep stops, the level sensor is toast.

If you are getting a beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep, disconnect the black wire coming from the temp sensor (located up near thermostat cover on what would be the head). If the beeeeeeeeeeep goes away the temp sensor is shot.

If the beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep continues you either have a short somewhere or a toasted alarm module...

Gidday, I don't mean to hijack this thread but I have a question regarding the beeper speaker itself:

If I short the two blue wires coming from the oil tank will this make the warning module think it is empty and hence produce the beep beep beep beep? Or how could I make the speaker beep constantly (beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep) so I have long enough to diagnose a loose wire or something?

I need an easy way to test the beeper speaker in the remote as I think it is getting faulty (kind of crackles and is intermittent at times)

Cheers!

Donald
NZ

galamb,

Could you tell me what kind of manual for my 1992 75 hp. that you get your info. from? I checked Seloc in addition to the one I have and neither shows the oil system warning devices. I did in fact unplug the two blue wiores and the beep stopped. Now I cannot find the oil tank anywhere.

Thanks in advance

Back