Logo

A question about the throttle / direction control

ArdenHTF

:confused: I'm sorry I didn't look to see the brand, but my throttle / direction control has a square "push button" on the control base, right on top where the throttle lever is when it's in neutral / idling. Can anyone tell me what this might be for? I pushed it, and could not see or hear any changes with the engine running or shut down (key to "on").

Thanks,
Arden

Brand or at least a picture would help....so may the vintage as well as what is on the other end.

If a combined (throttle and gear selector) type, it could be the "throttle only" release button you are describing. used to advance the throttle, especially during starting, while disengaging the gear selector function.

THANK YOU!! I thought about posting a pic, and I looked very hard for a brand, but found none. The boat is a 1996 McKee 1800 with a 2001 Evinrude 175 hp Ficht RAM engine. I am sure the button is exactly what you have described. I never thought there would be a function lke that, but the placement of the button makes me sure that's what it is.

I am going out on Monday,and I will test the theory!!

This forum is SO helpful!! Every question I've asked has been answered, sometimes with in hours.

Arden

Back