Logo

2003 Yamaha OX 66 200HP Salt Water Series Vapor Lock/Oil Injection Pump from Remote tank to Powerhe

striper1

I have an intermittent problem with my oil injection system. It seems that after I add oil when the powerhead oil tank runs below the lower limit the oil injection does not pump oil to from the remote tank to the powerhead tank. The only remedy seems to fill the remote tank with enough oil to bring the sensor up below the lower limit and then the oil beging to pump from the remote tank for the balance of the day. Any ideas. I thought perhaps I had a bad pump but the fact that it continues to pump and I onoy seem to experience this when I add oil to the remote tank prior to leaving the dock leaves me to believe that I am getting some tye of vapor lock or air in the system that is preventing the pump from working momemtarily. Please advise.

Just in Time,

Thanks again, looked for the switch but couldn't find one, it's suppossed to be on the powerhead oil tank or right next to it but did not see one, were these on the 2003 Yamaha 200 HP OX 66 Saltwater series motors. I looked at Yamaha schematic that shows the switch but can't seem to find it on mine.

Thanks again

Back