Logo

87 90hp mariner oil injection

chopcop390

Helo again,I am still trying to get this old mariner going. I ran into two wires coming out of the oil injection tank. I know they have to be sensor wires, but i dont see anywere to connect them. I tried to ground one wire and run the other to low oil light wire on control pigtail, but the light just stays on. If i reverse the wires the light comes on with just one wire hooked up. thanks for any input you guys are awesome

Yes, those two wires (both should be blue) are the feed from the low oil warning sensor.

They are supposed to plug into the (oil) warning module which is a black square box thingy with about 5 wires coming in/out of it.

This "box" takes the two blue feeds from the oil sensor as well as (what appears to be a feed) from the temperature sensor (via a terminal block) - the connections between the block and the module are a black wire and a tan wire.

The last wire from the module is a purple which goes to the main harness.

So find the module (2 blue leads, 1 black, 1 tan and 1 purple) and connect the two leads from the oil tank sensor to the module. If your warning horn starts beeping with the key on (beep, beep, beep etc as opposed to "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep") the sensor is toast (which is why it may have been disconnected in the first place)...

Hello, I have one of these engines also. If I short the two blue wires coming from the oil tank will this make the warning module thnk it is empty and hence produce the beep beep beep beep?

I need an easy way to test the beeper in the remote as I think it is getting faulty (kind of crackles and is intermittent at times_

Back