Logo

age and wiering problem

alanozzy

Hi could do with a bit of help Can somebody please tell me what the age of my outboard is as far as information on the outboard go.s this is all I could find 6E9/ L /315083 I think it’s round the mid eighties
also
I have red wire that goes nowhere it has been cut off
out of the same little black box as the red there is a yellow wier a white weir and a black weir the yellow and white weir both changes colour into green and disappears into the magneto and the black weir is earth could the red weir be a charge weir iv tested this weir when the outboard is running and its dead HELP !!!!!!!!!

You are taking about the altenator rectifier right? The red wire connectes to the starter realy where the battery cable goes. The other wires go the magneto. The little black box is probably bad. Running the engine with the red wire cut will ruin the black box.

It's 1989,if it's a manual start,Yamaha built mariner and it comes up for a 40 ML.The only Mariner/Mercury part on it is the name

hi thanks for that the outboard is a manuel start i think it is a rectifier i cant see any ware the wier could go is there any chance this is a charging wier and the black box (rectifier???) is no good

You can do,it's[FONT="] a carbon copy of Yamaha's 40FE or FEML models built between 1981 and 1983,and you can thank Graham Lamb for that piece of info 'cause that's where I lifted it from.:D Thanks Graham.
[/FONT]

Back