Logo

6 times in the shop for overheat problem!

BayChampman

6 times in the shop for water pressure problems!!!
2003 DT225
The warning horn comes on and the engine rolls back down and the overheat light comes on. This problem only occurs from 3800-4200 RPMs! Water pressure is at about 15 psi or so. Water pump has been changed twice. Thermostats have been changed along with the sensors. Motor runs fine above the rpm or below it! While running with the Dyno hooked up it will not do it! Its been in the Suzuki dealer twice and they changed most of the parts listed above. Another shop changed the other parts and hooked it up to the dyno. The port side head appears to be running a little warmer than the other head. Motor will run 5500 rpm for on a trip for 10 miles and not have any signs of overhead and the water pump appears to be pumping alot of water out. After all the trips to the shop I am at Wits end! Any help will be appreciated!
Thanks,
BayChampman

having same trouble on 115hp fourstroke....did you have any luck figuring out what wrong...if so please help me out...i'm on the brink of insanity....changed the water pump, thermostat, and flushed it...still running hot

Back